Sentinel Power Quality PQ services include :
- Harmonics and power quality surveys/audits
- Compliance testing against marine classification society rules and recent IACS (UR 24) requirements for vessels with electric propulsion
- Investigations into equipment malfunction/failure
- Monitoring of common mode voltage (due to VFDs) and other EMC issues
- Studies (including harmonic modelling) on harmonics and related topics for marine power systems
- Provision of conventional and cycle by cycle continuous PQ monitoring systems
- Training in harmonics, PQ and related issues
State of the art harmonics, PQ and EMI measuring equipment
We use state of the art, cycle by cycle, Class A (0.1% accuracy) power quality analysers which capture every single cycle of voltage and current and record harmonics to 512th for voltage and 256th for current. Every single PQ event is captured and also 5,000 power and power quality parameters.
Sample measurements from G4500 cycle by cycle PQ recorder….
Advanced 200MHz digital storage oscilloscopes with spectrum analyser capability for detailed waveform analysis are used on applications including SCR drive line notching, voltage spikes and common mode voltage/current monitoring. High voltage (2kV) probes and CAT1V 1000V equipment ratings ensures the capability to measure at most demanding applications. For medium voltage systems dedicated VTs and CTs are used.
Special micro fibre probes are used with 200MHz oscilloscopes to measure direct shaft voltages on generators and motors. For large shaft diameters, dedicated Rogowski coils are used for current measurement up to 10MHz).
Sample measurements from 200mHz scopemeter….
For common mode and other EMI measurements, portable EMC spectrum analysers (1Hz to 30MHz) are used with differential adaptors and attenuation units for conducted common mode voltage and current measurements. Near field probe kits with antennas for radiated emissions and sophisticated software facilitate detailed reporting.
Once analysis is complete, a comprehensive report is issued at the end of every site visit or on completion of a paper study.
Please contact Sentinel Power Quality directly if you require our specialist services by clicking here.